Monday, 24 March 2014
Traditional Turkish Apricot Jam Recipe
How to make an apricot jam?
It is simple, if you have the right recipe:)
- 2 kg apricot
- Juice of a half lemon
- 3 cups of sugar (600 gr)
- Half dessert spoon of salt of lemon (citric acid) (5 gr)
- After washing the apricots, divide them into two and remove the seeds.
- Put them into a steel pot (cookware) and add half lemon juice and three table spoons of water.
- Close the lid of the pot and stew them for 10-15 minutes at low heat.
- Apricots will become mellow and watery.
- Mash all the apricots with a hand blender or a masher. Make a puree.
- Add 3 cups of sugar and mix it with a wooden spoon.
- Boil them for 10-15 minutes and don't close the lid while boiling.
- Add half dessert spoon of salt of lemon, mix it with a wooden spoon and close the heat.
- After adding salt of lemon, mix it quickly and close the heat in 10 seconds.
- Take the pot from the oven and put it into a safe area.
- Put a thin cloth to close the pots mouth. The puree will stay for a night in the pot.
- Next morning boil the puree for 10-15 minutes. Don't close the lid.
- Put the jam to the jars.
- I would encourage you to preserve your unadulterated jam in the fridge.