Making a basket from an ex-salad bowl:)
A very enjoyable project, here is the method:
- Make 1200 chains, using 2-fold thread with a thick crochet hook.
- To form a spiral beginning, glue and form the chain in round. Then fix it to the center of your bowl. It is important to stick the first circle properly in the center.
- Round the first circle with continuing chains, fix them with silicone, as well as the chains continues.
I also rounded the exterior of the bowl.
The wooden bowl become a soft on the inside basket.
My grandmother likes it a lot and i gifted the basket to her.
How to make an apricot jam?
It is simple, if you have the right recipe:)
- 2 kg apricot
- Juice of a half lemon
- 3 cups of sugar (600 gr)
- Half dessert spoon of salt of lemon (citric acid) (5 gr)
- After washing the apricots, divide them into two and remove the seeds.
- Put them into a steel pot (cookware) and add half lemon juice and three table spoons of water.
- Close the lid of the pot and stew them for 10-15 minutes at low heat.
- Apricots will become mellow and watery.
- Mash all the apricots with a hand blender or a masher. Make a puree.
- Add 3 cups of sugar and mix it with a wooden spoon.
- Boil them for 10-15 minutes and don't close the lid while boiling.
- Add half dessert spoon of salt of lemon, mix it with a wooden spoon and close the heat.
- After adding salt of lemon, mix it quickly and close the heat in 10 seconds.
- Take the pot from the oven and put it into a safe area.
- Put a thin cloth to close the pots mouth. The puree will stay for a night in the pot.
- Next morning boil the puree for 10-15 minutes. Don't close the lid.
- Put the jam to the jars.
- I would encourage you to preserve your unadulterated jam in the fridge.
Hello, This cookie is my and my all friends favorite...
If there will be an event, like a birthday party or a baby shower, my friends ask me to make this crispy cookies for their event.
It is my promise, that you'll absolutely like it..
Crispy Cookie Recipe
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil – (i use sun flower seed oil) (approx. 65 grams)
- 1/4 cup yoghurt (approx. 65 grams)
- Half Package of vegetable margarine (melted) – (i use margarine for pastry ) (approx. 125 grams)
- 1 egg (white and yolk separated)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (approx. 2 grams)
- 1/3 cup sugar (approx. 70 grams)
- 2 and a half cup flour (approx. 350 grams)
- 1 package baking powder (Not all of it - approx. 8 grams)
- 1 tablespoon sesame (approx. 15 grams)
- In a big bowl; cream together the vegetable oil, yoghurt, melted margarine, 1 egg yolk, salt, sugar.
- Add flour and baking powder (For baking powder 1 package is 11 gr, you have better add 8 grams.) to the mixture, knead with hand. Add 1 or 2 tablespoon of flour if needed.
- You will get a soft dough which is not stick to your hand.
- Rest the dough in refrigerator for 15 minutes to make it a bit harder
- Take 20-25 balls of dough and give them a shape. Line them to the bakery tray.
- Put sesames to a pan, broil them for 2 minutes.
- Brush all the cookies with egg white, then sprinkle with sesame.
- Put the tray in the oven when the oven is cold.
- After putting the cookies in the oven open the heater to 170 C, bake them for 30-35 minutes...
- After 35 minutes open the oven's door for 3 cm and don't take the cookies out for 15 minutes. This makes cookies crispy:)
- After 15 minutes take the cookies out from the oven.