Sunday, 20 April 2014
My favorite sauce for pasta, never fails:)
- 20 olives
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 4-5 tomatoes
- 1 table spoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 5 tablespoon of olive oil
- 50 gram of cheese
- Remove the kernels of the olives. I really love olives. Usually i have 3-4 different kinds of olives in my refrigerator. Today i use 3 different kinds of olives in my sauce...
- Chop the garlic cloves to thin slices.
- Put 5 tablespoon of olive oil and the garlic slices to the pan and saute them for 3-4 minutes.
- Make puree from tomatoes with grater or with the rondo. Add tomato puree to the pan, saute for 7-8 minutes.
- Add salt with the tomato puree.
- Add olives and mix them, saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add thymes and mix them don't saute, close the fire. (To protect the thymes smell in your sauce, always put it with your hand and do not saute on oven.
- Grate cheese and sprinkle over the sauce. I use Turkish white cheese, but feta or parmesan will also go well...
Tuesday, 15 April 2014
Friday, 11 April 2014
Thursday, 10 April 2014
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cups of sugar (150 grams)
- Half Package of vegetable margarine (melted) (approx. 125 grams)
- 2 and a half cup flour (approx. 350 grams)
- 1 package of sugared vanilla (5 grams) or you can use vanilla
- 1 package baking powder ( 8 grams)
- 2-3 peaches
- In a big bowl; mix the eggs and sugar very well until it looks like snow.
- Add melted vegetable margarine to the mixture and continue mixing.
- Then add flour and vanilla to the mixture and continue mixing.
- Last; add the baking powder and mix it with a wooden spoon. (Metal shall not be allowed to mix after putting baking powder.)
- Oil the cooker tray.
- The mixture is poured into the tray. It will form a thin layer.
- Peaches sliced and arranged on top of the dough.
- After putting the tray in the oven open the heater to 170 C, bake them for 30-35 minutes.
- At first 10 minutes fruits may become juicy but will draw water during cooking.
- At the end of 35 minutes immersed a knife to the cake, if it is clean your cake is baked.
Have a nice tea time:)
Wednesday, 9 April 2014
Here is a cute and easy DIY project. I hope you'll like it...
- Cut a round-shaped piece from an old t-shirt. The piece should be twice the size of the jar lid.
- Sew the fabric edges with hand sewing, as seen in the picture.
- Embellish to hide the endpoint of the ribbon with a small flower.
- Embellish the jar with the same ribbon if you want.
Friday, 28 March 2014
Wednesday, 26 March 2014
A very enjoyable project, here is the method:
- Make 1200 chains, using 2-fold thread with a thick crochet hook.
- To form a spiral beginning, glue and form the chain in round. Then fix it to the center of your bowl. It is important to stick the first circle properly in the center.
I also rounded the exterior of the bowl.
My grandmother likes it a lot and i gifted the basket to her.
Monday, 24 March 2014
How to make an apricot jam?
It is simple, if you have the right recipe:)
- 2 kg apricot
- Juice of a half lemon
- 3 cups of sugar (600 gr)
- Half dessert spoon of salt of lemon (citric acid) (5 gr)
- After washing the apricots, divide them into two and remove the seeds.
- Put them into a steel pot (cookware) and add half lemon juice and three table spoons of water.
- Close the lid of the pot and stew them for 10-15 minutes at low heat.
- Apricots will become mellow and watery.
- Mash all the apricots with a hand blender or a masher. Make a puree.
- Add 3 cups of sugar and mix it with a wooden spoon.
- Boil them for 10-15 minutes and don't close the lid while boiling.
- Add half dessert spoon of salt of lemon, mix it with a wooden spoon and close the heat.
- After adding salt of lemon, mix it quickly and close the heat in 10 seconds.
- Take the pot from the oven and put it into a safe area.
- Put a thin cloth to close the pots mouth. The puree will stay for a night in the pot.
- Next morning boil the puree for 10-15 minutes. Don't close the lid.
- Put the jam to the jars.
- I would encourage you to preserve your unadulterated jam in the fridge.
If there will be an event, like a birthday party or a baby shower, my friends ask me to make this crispy cookies for their event.
It is my promise, that you'll absolutely like it..
Crispy Cookie Recipe
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil – (i use sun flower seed oil) (approx. 65 grams)
- 1/4 cup yoghurt (approx. 65 grams)
- Half Package of vegetable margarine (melted) – (i use margarine for pastry ) (approx. 125 grams)
- 1 egg (white and yolk separated)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (approx. 2 grams)
- 1/3 cup sugar (approx. 70 grams)
- 2 and a half cup flour (approx. 350 grams)
- 1 package baking powder (Not all of it - approx. 8 grams)
- 1 tablespoon sesame (approx. 15 grams)
- In a big bowl; cream together the vegetable oil, yoghurt, melted margarine, 1 egg yolk, salt, sugar.
- Add flour and baking powder (For baking powder 1 package is 11 gr, you have better add 8 grams.) to the mixture, knead with hand. Add 1 or 2 tablespoon of flour if needed.
- You will get a soft dough which is not stick to your hand.
- Rest the dough in refrigerator for 15 minutes to make it a bit harder
- Take 20-25 balls of dough and give them a shape. Line them to the bakery tray.
- Put sesames to a pan, broil them for 2 minutes.
- Brush all the cookies with egg white, then sprinkle with sesame.
- Put the tray in the oven when the oven is cold.
- After putting the cookies in the oven open the heater to 170 C, bake them for 30-35 minutes...
- After 35 minutes open the oven's door for 3 cm and don't take the cookies out for 15 minutes. This makes cookies crispy:)
- After 15 minutes take the cookies out from the oven.
Enjoy your best cookie ever:)